The evolution of the sport shoes, from a track meet to the runway, how to capitalize on the opportunities.
A few challenges in shoe manufacturing:
- Having a trusted (transparent) supplier or many suppliers as we can see from the following photos there is more than one supplier that goes into the making of a single pair of shoes
- Understanding what goes into the shoe? (the benefits, costs, and restrictions)
- Sourcing suppliers, where will all the materials really come from?
- Managing the supply chain, T&A calendar, WIP reports, processes, procedures, manuals, and regular visits by experienced staff who understand the product, production, and people involved during development and production stages
- Logistics, getting all materials to arrive at the factory in a timely manner, managing the production, getting products packed properly and shipped to the port for the journey to the retail floor
Today, I will touch on some of the manufacturing that I oversaw in the last five years. Every component that goes on the shoe usually originates from somewhere, with a history, cost and proof of concept.
Now its where did the pattern orginate? Is it unique to this one style/model or is it carried over from somewhere else?
The creation of the shoe mold, how to make a mark that lasts longer than the shoe itself.
With every mold, there must be a room for storage. How to manage, organize, and protect your secrets.
Traction to give you stability on turbulent ground.
But really where did the sole originate from, what came first the shoe or the mold? We diffidently know a sole cannot be created without the material, what goes into the sole (soul) of the shoe.
A sneak peak into the manufacturing of your sole
But not all soles are treated equally, a different machine, process or material to make your sole unique.
Once you have decided on the sole of your life, season, or collection, you then need to decide on:
- The materials
- The construction
- The process
- The procedures
- The manuals
- The cost
- The retail
- and much more for your GTM strategies
It takes more than one to make the perfect shoe. How a team plays an important part in your success and vision. Now who is on your team to keep you on the top of your game?
One stitch can make the difference, it applies to life and your shoes.
Shoe accessories, making the side trim for your shoes
Eventually you end up with strips that are cut to the length of the shoe.
It’s always good to do a little shaping and testing at the end of the line.
After all this you get the finished products 🙂
Now is about your GTM strategies, the perfect timing, and market momentum…